Residents, Businesses, Community Shaping Richmond together
- Making the streets of Yarra great places to live, shop, work and play.
- Encouraging retail diversity and positive economic outcomes.
- Sustainable and active modes of transport for people of all ages and mobility needs
- Protect pedestrian and cycling priority within the municipality
- Car parking that is efficiently designed, equitable and easy to access
- Ensuring the vibrancy and liveability of Richmond, Burnley and Cremorne.
- Encouraging and supporting social inclusion through sport and cultural participation.
Herschel has passion to continue to shape Richmond into a vibrant and inclusive community.
Visit his website here http://www.landes4council.com/
In 2008, Herschel campaigned in Victoria Street back with the "No extended Clearway” campaign.
This year he is running for Richmond Council. Victoria street traders will support his initiatives and campaign in making our Victoria street a better place to live, shop, work and play too.
We have asked him to have few words about him to our traders as few of you might see him from some of the recent campaign for Victoria Street.
COME BACK HERE FOR HIS ELECTION DIFFERENT POINTS
MY BUSINESS AND BACKGROUND
- I commenced business in 1977 and opened a shop in Bridge rd Richmond in the late 1980’s where I have continued as both a successful proprietor and property owner in partnership with my family, trading as Landes Clothing.
- I have a passion for sailing which includes 3 world championships, numerous national and state titles over nearly 3 decades.
- I am married with three children, and have a BSc(hon) degree in Chemical Engineering Science and an Masters in Applied Science.
COMMUNITY AND BUSINESS INVOLVEMENTS
- In 2008 I led the No extended Clearways campaign for three years, which eventually saw a change of Government and the extended clearway times removed on all arterial roads within 10km of the CBD.
- From 2012 I have been President of the Bridge Rd Main Street Inc and in 2104 I led a campaign for a pedestrian crossing in Bridge Rd at the new easy access tram stop. This has recently been installed.
- I was also instrumental in the development of the Bridge Rd, Richmond Hill streetscape study, published by Tract urban design.
- I have extensive experience in the Mainstream program and helped advise the Acland Street and Nicholson Str traders in the development of their respective Tram super stop programs.
- I have been involved with the City of Yarra Business advisory group.
- Landes, H.; Fitzgerald, M. Photometric Observations of the Eta Carinae 2009.0 Spectroscopic Event
- Landes, H., Bambery, K. R., Coates, D. W., Thompson, K. 2007. PASA, 24, 41. Long-Term Changes in the Periods of SX Phe.
- Coates, D. W.; Landes, H. The beat-curve approach applied to AE UMa